Friday, October 27, 2006

Goodbye Bruce Bochy

Via Ducksnorts: The San Jose Mercury News reports that Bruce Bochy has signed with the Giants. ESPN says he has agreed "in principle." This is painful. You just go back to the late 1980s and early 1990s to see the shuffle of managers and horrible records (including 101 losses in 1993). Bochy has consistently won with minimal talent for years now. He often takes heat for on the field decisions (who to pinch hit, whether to keep a pitcher in, etc.) but I think he gets the most out of his players. He was longtime Padre, spending the last 24 years with the team, including the big 1984 season, which is when I first really paid attention to him. Over the years I've become a big fan.

And he's going to the Giants. The only team I like less than the Giants is the Dodgers. (I wonder how he'll deal with Bonds).

Adios, Boch, and unfortunately I have to say that I hope you lose many games.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  7:27 PM  

Hard to believe the Padres would let their manager, still under contract, move to a division rival.

Greg Weeks 8:39 AM  

It seems that maybe he just did not fit into Sandy Alderson's plans, and the Padres shed his salary for a cheaper manager. Obviously, I hope I am wrong, but I fear this is going to come back and bite us.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP