Some Latin America-oriented blog shout outs:
- At Latin America Goes Global, Natasha Zeretsky writes about the Cuban Jewish community.
- At Venezuelan Politics and Human Rights, Hugo Pérez Hernáiz looks at the crisis in Venezuelan universties.
- At Americas Quarterly, Sarah Bons examines the psychological stress of the Colombian conflict.
- At Texan Abroad, Steven Hyland is trying to get an intensive Portuguese language course going, which is tied to what I'd call a crisis in language acquisition in this country.
- At Central American Politics, Mike Allison is doing research on insurgent identity and voting in El Salvador.
- At Bloggings by Boz, James Bosworth gives 11 points on the Santos-Timochenko handshake (point #3 reminds me very much of Bill Clinton).
- At AULA blog, Fulton Armstrong asks whether "democracy promotion" efforts may derail the U.S.-Cuba liberalization process.