Thursday, January 21, 2016

No to NL Designated Hitter!

This is truly alarming:

At an MLB owners' meeting on Thursday in Coral Gables, Fla., Commissioner Rob Manfred said the idea of the designed hitter coming to the National League is "gaining momentum." What's more: Deciding whether to implement a unified DH rule could happen this year and then get rolled out for the 2017 season. 

I like the pitcher hitting. I like the strategy of how to deal with the pitcher in the lineup. I like how some pitchers actually can hit and therefore help their team even more. I am too young to remember the DH rule starting (1973) and so I actually like the fact that the two leagues are not identical.

I am not excited about players with no defensive skills only hitting. I do not know if that puts me in the minority.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP