Saturday, December 31, 2016

Blogging Latin American Politics in 2016

One year ago I predicted that the blog post with the most hits in 2016 would once again be about Venezuela. This turned out to be correct, but not in the way I thought. The most popular post was comparing Hugo Chávez to Donald Trump from July. Number two was also about Venezuela, but focused on George Kennan--I'm not really sure how such a little known historical figure got that kind of attention. Number three was my discussion of Obama's problematic immigration record. For 2017 my guess is that the most popular post will be something about Donald Trump.

As I did last year, it's worth mentioning the reader interest in book reviews, which I'm always pleased about. In particular, people clicked to read more about Tom Long's Latin America Confronts the United States and Russell Crandall's The Salvador Option.

I recorded 18 podcasts this year and will keep doing those in 2017, once a week if at all possible. If you are interested in doing one with me, just let me know.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP