Saturday, December 29, 2018

The Immigration Message

I've been looking back at old posts, seeing how I viewed things a decade or more ago. I wrote a good amount about the xenophobic push to build a wall, how it was based on falsehoods, and how unlikely it was. I can see how it never occurred to me at all how that view (which is still minority) could hold power. Check out this post from almost exactly 11 years ago.

I mocked Mike Huckabee for his ridiculous views, and now his daughter is peddling the same sort of falsehoods on behalf of the President of the United States. From 11 years ago until today, we have regressed in so many ways. What I considered a foot in the mouth (you can't be anti-immigrant in a general presidential campaign, amiright?) is now considered a winning electoral message.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP