Saturday, February 01, 2014

49er Gold Rush 2014

It is that time of year again for the 5K on the UNC Charlotte campus, one of my favorite races. I blogged about it eight years ago when it was the homecoming race, which I think was the first one--now homecoming is in the fall but the race stayed and just changed names. Campus has changed a lot since then but it is still hilly. It was chilly but clear and sunny when the race started and it warmed up pretty quickly.

It was a milestone for us because all three of my kids ran the race. We brought the jogger stroller for my youngest daughter, who is five, but she ran the whole way instead. This will mark the end of running strollers for us.

She also greeted Norm, the UNC Charlotte mascot:





0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP