Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Google Reader fail

For several years, I have happily used Google Reader to read blog posts and share them. Blogger has a widget that makes my shared blog posts show up on the right side of the page, which I liked because it was a really fast and easy way for readers of my blog to check out other bloggers that I found interesting.

As of today, however, Google has eliminated sharing. Instead, everything has to go through Google+, which I find annoying.

At this point I have not figured out the optimal way of easily sharing blog posts I like, so if anyone has any ideas feel free to comment. I wouldn't mind just doing it through Twitter, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that either. If there is another reader service that can do it, then fine--I am not wed to Google Reader.

Update: for potential solution, see here.

4 comments:

Unknown 11:33 AM  

Check this:
http://bit.ly/ulb7f2 #OccupyReader

Juan Andres 2:56 PM  

I agree with you. The changes on Google Reader have been the worst.
So far, I've tried feedly which I didn't like.
So please, if you find a good alternative, please post it on your blog or on twitter.

Monte 10:18 AM  

I believe the only thing close to a workaround to this issue the following: Go to "Settings"-->"Reader Settings"--->"Send to" tab and you should be able to add sharing options or create a custom link. I hope this helps.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/242945/how_to_share_privately_with_the_new_google_reader.html

Joe 1:36 PM  

I am planning to keep using google reader, but to send all interesting articles to Twitter in order to share. I don´t like that as much as using Google Reader directly to share articles, but I do enjoy having me RSS feeds all come to the same account as my Gmail.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP