Thursday, November 15, 2007

LASA 2009

I’ve been pondering LASA 2009, and I think it would be cool to do something on blogs that relate to Latin America. Maybe just even a workshop, which means focused discussion but not necessarily article-length papers (though I also think papers would be interesting, perhaps for the LASA Forum or maybe even more in depth).

I think there would be an interested audience, and this would be the sort of thing that could generate interest since to my knowledge it has not been done before at LASA. There are all sorts of interesting angles to take and questions to pose.

Is anyone interested in this sort of endeavor and planning to attend the next LASA? If so, let me know via comment or email (gbweeks@uncc.edu).

5 comments:

Miguel Centellas 9:27 AM  

I think this is a very good idea. But I wonder if it should be narrower in focus? I could imagine a whole track on new technologies, w/ different kinds of panels. But do we mean activism blogs? Academic blogs? Cultural critique blogs? I'm specifically interested in blogs as a means for a running academic conversation. But, yes, definitely interested.

Greg Weeks 9:29 AM  

Well, I am talking about a single panel, not a track. The focus would depend upon who is on it.

Miguel Centellas 9:34 AM  

Gotcha. I noted this on the LAPS blog; I assume that's OK?

Unknown 5:49 PM  

I'm interested. Was going to be there anyway for my field work, but that's been pushed back a year. But I'm still interested.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP