Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Going paperless

The Chronicle's ProfHacker blog has a lot on going paperless in some form or another. I started trying to do that more this semester. As I mentioned before the semester began, I used iAnnotate to grade papers in my U.S.-Latin American Relations course. I really liked how it worked--easy to use a stylus or type to write on the term paper, plus voice comments--but it does not mesh well with Moodle, which is the online course platform that UNC Charlotte uses. I generally like Moodle, but if the students turn their paper in through Turnitin, there seems to be no way for me to upload their graded paper back as a PDF. Ultimately I had to email the papers to each student individually, which is doable but a pain. I am hoping to figure out something better.

My next step is to take attendance without paper. I do so most days not only to keep track of attendance but also to keep connecting names to faces in the class.

1 comments:

Steven Taylor 12:31 PM  

I have seen some iPad apps that can be used to keep roll and it is something I have considered as well.

I have tried iAnnotate with a stylus and the first test run (going through tenure and promotion packets) was a success, so thanks for the recommendation.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP