Saturday, June 30, 2018

Panadería y Restaurante Salvadoreña

My latest installment in the periodic Latin American restaurants in Charlotte series, which has picked up recently because it's summer so my schedule is much more relaxed. It's my small effort to highlight good food along with the importance of immigrants and their hard work. They are not invaders and they are not bad people, no matter what the President says. Today was the Panadería y Restaurante Salvadoreña on WT Harris, where I went with my 13 year old daughter.

We had cheese pupusas and tamales de elote, which are corn tamales with a cheese dip. It was a lot of food because the pupusas were big (and a plate comes with three). They come with a big bowl of curtido--a tasty Salvarodan slaw--and salsa. We enjoyed it all and were really full. Well, one of us decided she had some room, since the front has a bakery and my daughter stopped to get a cookie.

Note: for reasons unknown to me at least, this place is famous for being slow. And it is. Everyone was really friendly*, but lunch took a while. Since I knew that ahead of time, it was no big deal. But it might not be the best choice if you're in a hurry.

* FYI, I ordered in Spanish, but my impression is that you could get it figured out in English. Definitely give it a try.

My last review was just a few days ago, actually. Funny thing is, at that time we planned to go here, but it was closed on a Tuesday.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP