There are, of course, plenty of people who hate Hugo Chávez. Very few, though, create conspiracy theories as entertaining as the one in National Review written by two "former diplomats," one American, one Venezuelan. It is a new domino theory, as it sounds like the first draft could have been written in 1981, then they put in "Hugo Chávez" instead of "Soviet-backed communists."
- Hugo Chávez does not just fund leftist governments. He controls all of them.
- He has a plot to take over Central America and Mexico, then funnel drugs and Islamic terrorists into the U.S.
- He wants to disrupt Panama Canal operations
- Salvadorans "should have been skeptical" of the FMLN, but apparently they were not smart enough to listen to these former diplomats
- Many in the FMLN want a new civil war (because the last one was so much fun??)