Friday, August 31, 2012

IADC talk

I lectured yesterday at the Inter-American Defense College to a group composed primarily of Latin American military officers. It is always fascinating to give a talk to the political groups you study. Since my main focus was conceptualizing civilian expertise, they were probably more favorable toward me than they otherwise would've been.

What I liked in particular was that they were from all over the region (including Ecuador) and so there was a lot of interesting comparative discussion, and even disagreement. Not surprisingly, they did not agree with all of my conclusions or assessments (Hondurans and Guatemalans seemed especially skeptical) but it's not often you get such a group of people (up and coming officers, mostly colonels) to sit and listen to you.



0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP