Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Interview With Dilma Rousseff

Simon Romero interviewed Dilma Rousseff, who is at the presidential palace, just waiting. The main takeaway is her apparent belief that she might just come back to power.

“They’ve always wanted me to resign, but I won’t,” she said, arguing that her rivals were carrying out a coup, albeit one with the Supreme Court’s stamp of approval. “I really disturb the parasites, and I’ll keep on disturbing them.”

What always strikes me is that she talks of a coup, yet went very quietly. Even though she believes constitutional processes were abused, she still believes in the processes themselves.

Meanwhile, the Senate announced that the proceedings will begin tomorrow and conclude in August, right in the middle of the Olympics. There will be protests and it will be a very global spectacle.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP