Friday, June 30, 2006

Ultramarathon Man

While traveling I finished Dean Karnazes' Ultramarathon Man. I loved this book and read it very quickly, though I felt it was ironic that I was mostly sitting cramped in a plane while reading it. He is a guy who has done more unbelievable races than anyone I've ever heard of (such as a marathon at the South Pole, with running shoes instead of snow shoes). The book concludes with a run he did for charity, a 199 mile relay race in northern CA. But instead of a relay, he did it solo, running all 199 miles nonstop in just under 48 hours. Even more insane was that his last mile was under 6 minutes.

I ran my first marathon last year, and will do more, which was pushing the envelope for me, and it is fun to read about how far other people are able to push it.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP